Cherry Sorbet Floats with S.Pellegrino sparkling water are the ultimate summer time drinks!
Happy 4th of July!
Let's celebrate with some Cherry Sorbet Floats!
This drink is kind of my favorite thing at the moment. I absolutely love cherries, S.Pellegrino, and my new obsession - my ice cream maker (why I have never had one until two days ago, who knows).
OK, about this float. It should clearly be on the menu for your 4th of July BBQ. It's made with the easiest and most delicious cherry sorbet and then topped off with S.Pellegrino Sparkling Natural Mineral Water.
S.Pellegrino launched the "S.Pellegrino Taste Guide" in 2016 which explores U.S. cities through the eyes of acclaimed chefs and lifestyle influencers. This, year, S.Pellegrino is also looking at everyday food enthusiasts on social media in NYC and LA for inspiration. The brand brought these food trends to life in NYC by hosting a Taste Guide Event featuring original dishes by chefs April Bloomfield and Ludo Lefebvre. I was lucky enough to attend the event last Friday and will be posting about it in the next few days.
In the meantime, I'm sharing this Cherry Sorbet Float with you which was inspired by S.Pellegrino's Summer food trends.
If you aren't a fan of floats, the sorbet can be enjoyed on its own, of course. To make the sorbet, all you need is fresh cherries (frozen work too!), water, sugar, and some lemon juice. Then you let your ice cream maker do all the work! Don't worry, if you don't have an ice cream maker, you can always just pour the mixture into a metal loaf pan and stick it in the freezer.
This float is SO refreshing and best thing ever on a hot summer day. It's not super sweet and can we take a moment to talk about the COLOR?! It's so vibrant, and beautiful, and lovely.
Don't tell, but I might have spiked mine with a little Tito's vodka. I mean, its the 4th of July, I'm celebrating!
Make sure to check out S.Pellegrino's Taste Guide for more delicious food trends and have a wonderful day!
Cherry Sorbet Floats with S.Pellegrino sparkling water are the ultimate summer drink!
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 cups cherries, pitted (fresh or frozen)
- 1 750 mL bottle San Pellegrino Sparkling Water
- Combine water and sugar in a medium size pot. Cook over medium-low heat until the sugar completely dissolves.
- Add lemon zest, juice, and cherries. Cook for 5 minutes. Use an immersion blender or pour mixture into blender and puree until smooth.
- If you are using an ice cream maker, pour the mixture into a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Once cold, pour the sorbet mixture into bowl of ice cream maker and churn according to manual.
- If you aren't using an ice cream maker, pour the sorbet mixture into a metal loaf pan. Cover and freeze at least 4 hours or until completely solid.
- To make the floats, place 2 scoops of cherry sorbet into a cup. Top with S.Pellegrino sparkling water. Enjoy!