Shrimp and Rainbow Chard are sautéed in one skillet with chiles, ginger, and lime for a quick, healthy, and delicious meal.
Happy Monday! Mondays are strange - you either love them or you hate them.
I always look forward to Mondays because they mark a new week and I'm all about new beginnings. Mondays are also usually very busy and coming up with a quick dinner idea is always a struggle.
Stir-fries are my go-to when I am out of ideas. They are a super fast, easy, and healthy way to get dinner on the table. And the best part is that you can pretty much throw in whatever ingredients you have on hand and flavor them any way you wish.
In this version, I sautéed rainbow chard with shrimp. I flavored it with chiles, ginger, and lime for an exciting and different flavor.
This can be served on its own or over rice for a healthy and delicious weeknight meal.
Healthy One-Skillet Shrimp with Rainbow Chard
- 2 lbs large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 bunches rainbow chard rinsed and chopped (stems and greens sperarated)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Hungarian wax chile or any other hot chile, seeded and diced
- 1 mild chile seeded and diced
- 2 shallots chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp brown sugar or honey omit if paleo
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- juice of 2 limes
- Season shrimp with salt. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and saute 2 minutes on each side. Transfer shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp olive oil to the skillet. Add chiles and shallot and saute until slightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute. Stir in sugar or honey, salt and pepper. Add chard stems and saute until they begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add the greens to the skillet along with 2 tbsp water. Cover the pan until the greens wilt, about 3 minutes. Remove the lid and allow the excess water to cook off.
- Add the shrimp with liquid accumulated on the plate and cook until the shrimp are heated through. Add vinegar and lime juice. Gently toss.
- Serve hot alone or over rice.