Addicting, fall-off-the-bone, easy oven baked Thai-style ribs made with simple and fresh ingredients. Everyone will be asking for more!
I’ve got some serious flavor for you today!
Oven baked Thai-style pork ribs slathered in the most addicting sauce.
Seriously, once you start, it’s hard to stop.
And if you are intimidated by making ribs, I promise you these are soooo easy to make.
It all starts by boiling the ribs. You can oven-braise them too, but it’s summer in NYC which means it’s too hot to have the oven on for that long in my apartment.
Then, the ribs are marinated in a delicious Thai sauce made of fresh lemongrass, garlic, ginger, red chilis, soy sauce, peanut butter, coconut milk, and a few other ingredients. I know it sounds a little strange, but you have to trust me with this one.
The marinade also becomes the sauce and once it is baked, it thickens and caramelizes into an addicting, sticky, sweet/spicy, delicious topping.
I like to serve the ribs with cilantro lime basmati rice. And keep lots of napkins close by, because things might get a little messy!
Oven Baked Thai-Style Ribs
- 4 pounds St. Louis style ribs or baby back ribs
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- 2/3 cup low sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1/2 red chili pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Cut ribs into 4 sections (about 3 ribs per section). Place ribs in a large pot. Cover ribs with cold water and heat on medium high heat until boiling. Once boiling, cook ribs 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove ribs from water and let cool.
- Meanwhile, make the marinade. Cut the tough bottom of the lemongrass stalk. Add lemongrass, soy sauce, brown sugar, sherry, peanut butter, olive oil, garlic, ginger and 1/2 red chili pepper into blender or food processor. Blend until almost smooth. Stir in coconut milk.
- Place cooled ribs in a gallon sized zip-top bag and add marinade. Marinate ribs 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Arrange ribs in a single layer in roasting pan. Add all of the marinade to the pan.
- Roast uncovered 30-45 minutes, basting every 15 minutes with marinade.
- Remove ribs from roasting pan, and pour marinade into a small bowl for sauce.
- Brush sauce over ribs and serve immediately,