A delicious seasonal cocktail made with pomegranate juice, ginger, sparkling wine, and a sugared rim.
Are you on the search for a new holiday cocktail? This sparkling pomegranate cocktail will not disappoint! It’s made with a homemade pomegranate ginger syrup and sparklling wine. The pomegranate ginger adds acidity and just a touch of sweetness to the dry wine. I like to throw in a few pomegranate seeds for a fun burst of flavor and texture.
As with any sparkling wine cocktail, I recommend using something on the dryer side – prosecco, champagne, or cava. Choose a moderately priced sparkling wine that tastes good on its own, but you won’t feel bad mixing it with other flavors.
All in all, these Sparkling Pomegranate Cocktails are easy drinking cocktails, perfect to share with friends and family.
How to make Sparkling Pomegranate Cocktails
- Make Pomegranate Ginger Syrup. A mixture of sugar, pomegranate juice, and fresh ginger is combined in a saucepan and reduced until it thickens slightly. Make sure to cool the syrup in the refrigerator before assembling your cocktails. The syrup can be made a couple of days ahead and stored in the fridge until ready to use.
- Make sugared rim. Add the sugar to a plate, run a lemon wedge around the rim of the glass and dip the glass in the sugar.
- Make the cocktail! Place 2 tablespoons of the pomegranate syrup into a glass. Top with chilled sparkling wine!
- Serve your pomegranate cocktails. You can add a few pomegranate seeds or candied ginger pieces if you wish.
More recipes you’ll love!
If you make this recipe, take a photo and tag #bakedambrosia on Instagram and Facebook so that I can see your creations and feature them on Instagram! To stay up to date with the latest recipes, follow Baked Ambrosia on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. ♡
Sparkling Pomegranate Ginger Prosecco Cocktail
- 1 1/2 cups sugar1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice2 tbsp fresh ginger cut into pieces1 bottle dry sparkling wine, chilled (prosseco, champagne, cava)1/2 cup pomegranate seeds1/2 cup sugar + 1 lemon wedge, for rim (optional)candied ginger, for serving (optional)
- Add sugar, pomegranate juice, and ginger into a small heavy bottomed saucepan. Bring to boil, over medium heat, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, or until mixture gets syrupy and slightly thickens. Remove from heat and let the syrup cool completely. The syrup can be made up to 3 days ahead and stored in an airtight glass jar in the fridge.To assemble drinks, place the 1/2 cup of sugar into a plate. Run a lemon wedge around the rim of the glass and dip the glass into the sugar.Add 2 tablespoons of the pomegranate syrup to the glass. Top with chilled sparkling wine and a tablespoon of pomegranate seeds.Garnish with candied ginger.