Moist, fluffy and perfectly spiced Healthy Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins are made with whole, real ingredients!
Healthy Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins aren’t overly sweet making them perfect for breakfast. They are made with simple and healthy ingredients. Whole wheat flour adds a nutty flavor, and Greek yogurt keeps them soft and moist.
For some extra sweetness, I topped the muffins with maple icing. Totally optional, but I don’t think we should refer to icing as an “option”! Honestly though, these muffins taste great even without the icing.
What You Need:
- whole wheat flour
- coconut oil
- Greek yogurt
- coconut sugar
- maple syrup or honey
These muffins DON’T have any refined sugar or overly processed ingredients. And, despite the whole wheat flour, they don’t have a gross dry texture (EW).
Muffins are quick, easy, and practically foolproof if you follow a few simple rules:
How To Get Perfect Muffins:
- Combine dry ingredients in one bowl
- Wet ingredients in a second (make sure everything is room temperature!)
- then mix the two – but BARELY (clumps are good here)
- Fill muffin tins ⅔ full
- DO NOT over bake!
Cut the muffins in half and top with a little bit of melty butter because … BALANCE!
More pumpkin recipes:
- The BEST Bakery Style Pumpkin Muffins
- Healthy Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Traditional Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Chai Cheesecake Tarts
- Baked Pumpkin Donuts
If you make this recipe, take a photo and tag #bakedambrosia on Instagram and Facebook so that I can see your creations and feature them on Instagram! To stay up to date with the latest recipes, follow Baked Ambrosia on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. ♡
Healthy Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins
- 2 ⅔ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¾ cup coconut oil melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place liners in 2 12-cup muffin tins, filling 18 of the cups.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices in a large bowl. Make a well in the center.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk coconut oil, pumpkin, yogurt, egg, vanilla, maple syrup, and coconut sugar until completely combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix gently until JUST combined. Be careful not to over-mix the batter (the batter should have lumps).
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling the cups two-thirds full. Bake 15-18 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- To make the glaze, whisk powdered sugar with maple syrup until smooth. If glaze seems too runny, add more powdered sugar a tablespoon at a time. Alternately, if the glaze is too thick, add more maple syrup a teaspoon at a time.