Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks are a gluten free and low carb alternative to traditional breadsticks. They are easy to make and packed full of flavor!
Its breadstick time!
Ok, well not exactly "bread" but cauliflower bread. Yes, these are gluten free & low carb cauliflower breadsticks and they are oh so good! Who would've thought?
So, Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks.
Don't be intimidated. They're super easy and simple to make. To make the base, you simple pulse cauliflower in a food processor (or you can use pre-riced cauliflower) and then roast it until soft. Then, you squeeze all the excess water out and you are ready to make the "dough". To make the dough, all you have to do is combine the cooked cauliflower with an egg, some cheese, garlic, and parsley. Finally, you place it on a baking sheet and form it into a rectangle shape.
And now the fun part -
add more cheese
and bake some more.
You see, simple!
Serve the cauliflower breadsticks with some marinara and you will be in cheesy heaven!
This recipe is great for anyone who is gluten free or is trying to watch their carb intake. There is a pretty good amount of cheese though (not like anyone's complaining) so I wouldn't necessarily consider this a "lighter" option to traditional breadsticks.
Cauliflower Breadsticks (low carb, gluten free, grain free)
- 4 cups riced cauliflower about 1 large head pulsed in food processor
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup shredded parmesan
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- salt and pepper
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella for topping
- marinara sauce to serve store bought or recipe below
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic chopped
- ¼-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place riced cauliflower in an oven-safe baking dish and cook 20 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower from oven and let cool 10 minutes. Place cooled cauliflower in a cheese cloth or clean kitchen towel and squeeze excess water out.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F.
- Place cauliflower in a mixing bowl. Add eggs, ½ cup mozzarella, parmesan, minced garlic, oregano, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a parchment paper line baking sheet and form into a ¼-inch thick rectangle.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then cover with remaining mozzarella and cook 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and cut into sticks.
- Serve immediately with marinara.
- To make the marinara sauce, heat oil in a medium size heavy bottom sauce pan over medium heat. Add chopped garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook 2-3 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes, oregano, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes.