The ultimate dessert, these Salted Caramel Pretzel Blondies are easy to make, indulgent, and delicious! Perfect for those who love a sweet and salty combo.
If you love contrasting flavors and textures, then you’re in the right place! Salted Caramel Pretzel Bars and sweet, salt, crunchy, chewy, and all around delicious.
Chewy blondies are studded with crushed pretzels and then topped with salted caramel (homemade because it makes all the difference!), chocolate chips, and more pretzels. These blondies are a must make if you love sweet and salty.
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- Buttery chewy blondies
- Crunchy pretzels throughout
- Homemade salted caramel on top
- Perfect for sweet cravings
- Amazing sweet/salty flavor
- Great to make ahead and freeze and leftovers
What is a blondie?
A blondie is sort of like a brownie, but without the chocolate. Instead of being chocolate based like brownies, blondies are all about the brown sugar. They are chewy and soft in texture with a butterscotch flavor. Blondies are easy and quick to make, making them perfect for potlucks, special occasions, and even as a last minute dessert.
How to Make Salted Caramel Pretzel Blondies
There are three main steps to this blondie recipe:
- Prepare salted caramel: Begin by making the caramel sauce first, so that is not too hot when you add it to your blondies. You can even make the caramel sauce a few days ahead.
- Make the blondies: The blondies are made in one bowl and come together in no time. Mix all of the ingredients together to make the batter. Then, fold in crushed pretzels and spread the batter into an 8×8-inch pan. Bake until golden brown.
- Add toppings: Once the blondies are out of the oven and have cooled down a bit, add the salted caramel sauce over the top and sprinkle with chocolate chips and more pretzels.
Tips for Making Salted Caramel Pretzel Blondies
- Plan ahead: This recipe doesn’t take a lot of time to prepare, but you’ll want to make sure that the caramel is not too hot when pouring it over your blondies.
- Prepare an 8×8-inch baking pan: Line your baking pan with parchment paper overhanging the sides. This will allow you to use the parchment paper to remove the bars from the pan.
- Keep your eyes on the caramel: Pay very close attention when you are making the caramel. The sugar can quickly go from a nice and toasty amber color to burned, so make sure that you do not walk away from your stovetop during this step.
- Use a sharp knife: When cutting the blondies into squares, use a large *very* sharp knife. A sharp knife will cut through the pretzel to give you clean perfectly square blondies.
- Allow the caramel to set if you are transporting. If you plan on bringing the blondies with you to a party or potluck, or giving them away as a gift, allow the caramel to set before cutting into squares. This will prevent the caramel from oozing onto the sides. Allow at least 1 hour or overnight before cutting. This makes them a great make-ahead dessert!
How to Store Blondies
These blondies can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days.
Can You Freeze Blondies?
These blondies freeze great. Store them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
When you would like to enjoy them, remove from the freezer, and allow them to thaw at room temperature before enjoying.
More recipes you’ll love!
- Best Blondies Recipe
- White Chocolate Blondies
- Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Millionaire Bars
- Dark Chocolate Oat Bars
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Check out Salted Caramel Pretzel Blondie Recipe in my stories HERE!
If you make this recipe, take a photo and tag #bakedambrosia on Instagram and Facebook so that I can see your creations and feature them on Instagram! To stay up to date with the latest recipes, follow Baked Ambrosia on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. ♡
Salted Caramel Pretzel Blondies
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2/3 cup mini pretzels about 30 pretzels, divided
- chocolate chips for topping
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2 tsp flakey sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease and line an 8x8-in. baking pan with parchment overhanging the sides.
- In a mixing bowl, beat melted butter and brown sugar until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix until combined. Coarsely chop half of the pretzels and fold into the blondie batter.
- Transfer the batter into prepared pan and spread into an even later. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Heat the sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Once the sugar begins to melt, gently tilt the saucepan to melt all of the sugar. Once the sugar is amber color, remove the saucepan from heat. Whisk in butter and cream until smooth. Stir in sea salt.
- Pour into a heatproof bowl and set aside to cool.
- Spread caramel topping over cooled blondies. Top with remaining pretzels, and chocolate chips. Use the parchment paper to lift the blondies out of the pan and cut into 16 bars.
- Store: These blondies can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days.
- Freeze: Store blondies in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months. When you would like to enjoy them, remove from the freezer, and allow them to thaw at room temperature before enjoying.