Deliciously spicy with hints of sweetness, these 20 Minute Spicy Thai Noodles super simple and perfect for a quick weeknight meal! (gluten free, dairy free)
We HAVE to talk about this meal that I am obsessed with at the moment!
20-Minute Spicy Thai Noodles.
These noodles are based on some of my favorites Thai noodle dishes – drunken noodles (pad kee mao), pad Thai, and pad see ew. I took my favorite parts of each and essentially created Thai noodle heaven.
IT IS SO DELICIOUS. And packed with pretty much everything that tastes A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.
There are only three steps to creating the whole meal.
- cook the chicken (if you aren’t into chicken, you can do tofu or even some shrimp) and veggies in some coconut oil
- add in the sauce
- toss with the noodles
You see? So easy, try it tonight!
The base of the flavor begins with the coconut oil. The sauce is made with coconut milk, coconut sugar, soy sauce, sambal chili, rice wine vinegar, fresh garlic and ginger.
Ok, so lets talk noodles. I am currently loving Perfect Earth’s Gluten Free Rice Pasta [not sponsored, just really love this company!]. All of their products are USDA certified organic and made with the highest quality rice straight from the hills of Thailand. Perfect Earth is dedicated to working with local Thai farmers and providing them with with knowledge and tools for sustainable organic agriculture. They believe that food should be grown in a way that is good for our planet and good for the local farmers. And trust me, you can definitely taste the difference! For this dish I used the red rice and chia pasta but they have lots of different varieties. You can check them all out here.
Finally, the whole thing gets a generous sprinkle of sliced green onions, peanuts, and lime. Its the perfect dinner or lunch that takes no time at all!
More Recipes You’ll Love!
Thai Beef Salad – packed full of flavor!
Easy Oven Baked Thai-Style Ribs – made with simple and fresh ingredients.
15-minute Vietnamese Noodle Salad – with a 5-ingredient dressing and lots of fresh veggies.
Easy Pineapple Fried Rice – easy, healthy, and ready in 15 minutes!
Kale and Roasted Cashew Fried Rice – extremely easy, super healthy, and SO delicious.
If you make this recipe, take a photo and tag #bakedambrosia on Instagram and Facebook so that I can see your creations and feature them on Instagram! To stay up to date with the latest recipes, follow Baked Ambrosia on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. ♡
20 Minute Spicy Thai Noodles (gluten free, dairy free)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into 1/2-in cubes (substitute with tofu or shrimp)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sambal oelek
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 1 tsp sambal oelek
- 8 oz rice noodles I used red rice and chia noodles
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 8 oz white mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup 6 oz broccoli florets
- 3 scallions sliced into 2-inch pieces
- topping: sliced scallion roasted peanuts, lime wedges
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a wok or large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, garlic, coconut sugar, soy sauce, and sambal oelek. Cook 5-6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package.
- Make the sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp coconut oil to wok or skillet and melt over medium high heat. Add sliced mushrooms and broccoli. Cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes, or until tender. Add sliced scallions and chicken and cook 1 minute. Pour sauce over chicken/vegetable mixture and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cook an additional 2-3 minutes, then add in cooked noodles. Toss to combine.
- Remove from heat and serve with sliced scallions, roasted peanuts, and lime wedges.